Monday, December 8, 2008

A Trip To Morgan Hill

We spent this weekend with Jen & Ben. Jen is my oldest friend, since we were 3. We got up there on Friday night, it's a 6 hour drive. On Saturday we all went to Super Taqueria for lunch, it's always the first restaurant stop whenever I go back to Morgan Hill. Jen and I did some shopping while Ben and Dan watched Alabama lose in the SEC Championship. That evening, we went to downtown Morgan Hill to watch the Christmas parade and have dinner at Papi's on the Wharf. Sunday was a relaxing day, until it was time for dance class. Jen and I started dancing at Lana's Dance Studio when we were 3, and our first recital was in 1979. Next summer, on June 28, Lana is having her 30th anniversary recital. There's a big "retired dancer" number, and so yesterday was an "old people's" dance class to get us ready for it. We drove down to the studio, like we had done thousands of times before and went to class. It was so much fun to see some of the girls we used to dance with, I think we all had a great time. I'm looking forward to future classes, and to getting back in shape for the big show!
Here are some snapshots from "home". This first one is the Granada theater. It was the movie theater when I was a kid, until the big one was built sometime in the late 80's.

This is just one of the fields out in San Martin. It's kind of amazing to still see so much open land. A lot of it has already been developed, so it's always nice to see some wide open space.

This was basically what it looked like across the street from our old house. Lots of walnut trees, the beautiful hills, barns, chickens, etc. Not quite what people think of when they think about California. There are still tractors that drive down the roads, and lots of horses and livestock on just about every piece of land.

No comments: