We hope that whatever holiday you and your families celebrate at this time of year are happy, healthy and full of laughter and love. We didn't get around to sending out holiday cards this year, maybe we'll send New Year cards!

We started our morning early with a little egg nog french toast, which might be my new favorite breakfast. It was excellent, if I do say so myself. Pretty darn simple too. Mix up 1/4 gallon of eggnog with an egg, cinnamon and nutmeg (for 8 slices of bread). Drench your bread with it, and put it in a nice hot frying pan. Let it get nice and brown, then drizzle it with whipped eggnog and some powdered sugar.
We don't really "do" gifts at our house. Mostly because there is really nothing we need, and that is perhaps the greatest gift of all. Somehow though, a gift or two always seems to sneak up under the tree. My Pop loves his Bah Humbug Certified Scrooge t-shirt. When I saw the Golden Humbugs at Harrod's in London, I knew I couldn't pass them up.
Chico got a Bengals jersey, he really likes it.
Dan and I made our traditional Christmas dinner, Hawaiian Steak (inspired by the one at Houston's). He's such a great griller, dinner was fantastic. Seriously, fantastic. For dessert, an apple crumble that was so good that while reaching for seconds, Dan spilled his glass of red wine on the rug under the dining room table. So we ended the meal with the shop vac running, and we saved the rug.
Here was our Christmas wine, we'd definitely recommend it. At $12-15/bottle, it's a deal. You can get it here if you want to give it a try. http://www.mariposawine.com/yosemite-view/wines/ You know me and wine labels. You can see why I picked this one.
We don't really "do" gifts at our house. Mostly because there is really nothing we need, and that is perhaps the greatest gift of all. Somehow though, a gift or two always seems to sneak up under the tree. My Pop loves his Bah Humbug Certified Scrooge t-shirt. When I saw the Golden Humbugs at Harrod's in London, I knew I couldn't pass them up.
Chico got a Bengals jersey, he really likes it.
Dan and I made our traditional Christmas dinner, Hawaiian Steak (inspired by the one at Houston's). He's such a great griller, dinner was fantastic. Seriously, fantastic. For dessert, an apple crumble that was so good that while reaching for seconds, Dan spilled his glass of red wine on the rug under the dining room table. So we ended the meal with the shop vac running, and we saved the rug.
Here was our Christmas wine, we'd definitely recommend it. At $12-15/bottle, it's a deal. You can get it here if you want to give it a try. http://www.mariposawine.com/yosemite-view/wines/ You know me and wine labels. You can see why I picked this one.


No comments:
Post a Comment