Saturday, April 24, 2010

38 Weeks - It's almost time...

Today we are two weeks from our due date and things are going great. The doctor says it could be any day, so we'll see!

The ladies at the office had a shower for me last weekend. It was so much fun to see them again and catch up on all that's happening at work. We're done with 4 out of 5 of our childbirth classes, and we think we're as ready as we're going to be. The hospital bag is packed, and I have to show you how cute the suitcase is. It was my Grandma G's red suitcase that she ALWAYS used when she came to visit us from Florida. It's from the late 60s or early 70s. Like most vintage luggage, the interior was a mess, so Mom and I ripped it out and she gave it the most amazing "do-over" with the same fabrics we used for the baby's room. It is my favorite piece of luggage, I absolutely love it. I'm so glad I'll get to use it soon.

I don't have any pictures yet, but I finally finished knitting a sweater that I had started for Dan back in 2004 when we were in Denver. I've also finished one for myself, along with a great silk purse that got lots of compliments while we were at an arts and crafts show today. I've made a ton of hats and booties that I've put on my Etsy Shop along with a couple of fun vintage finds. I've told myself I'm going to be better about finishing my knitting projects and putting them out there. So far, so good!

No comments: